Open Book Educational Services is offering online reading tutoring!
Tutoring can continue online
Tutoring is now offered via an easy to use online platform in the comfort of your own home. I will continue to provide services for students who need extra support with their reading and writing difficulties. For children with speech and language delays, I can provide therapy that is supervised by a Speech Language Pathologist in partnership with Toronto Speech Therapy.
Five of my favorite online resources right now
Here are some websites I have been using lately with my online reading tutoring. This by no means an exhaustive list and there will be more to come!
- Amplify – This site has some free materials for guided literacy skill practice, along with a novel guide for grades 3-5
- Flyleaf Publishing Online Materials Portal – features decodable books that you can read online
- Journal buddies – Looking for ideas for what to write about? This site has plenty of topics that kids can write about in their daily journals
- Reading Rockets – This site has lots of great articles and resources all about literacy
- Starfall – (Pre-Gr. 3) – Great for kids learning to read with a focus on phonics, phonemic awareness and sight words
A heartfelt thank you to all those who have been sharing their great online resources. Many are free or offering a discount during this time for families who are at home.
Let’s work together
There are a lot of materials out there to work with reading and writing with your children. I look forward to helping you in finding the best ones and learning with you!